Monday, June 27, 2011

Warning: Blogger has no idea what he is doing and has a bad sense of humor. Reader discretion is advised.

So I decided to start this blog for two reasons: 1) My Fulbright adviser, Mr. Jeff Wing (who is awesome and helped me the most in even getting a Fulbright) suggested it and 2) I want to be able to go back to this at some point to see how much I've changed/grown (time capsule sort of thing). Anyways, the 2 or 3 people who accidentally stumbled on this have probably already left lol.

As mentioned in my profile in the sidebar, I will be traveling to South Korea to work as a English Teaching Assistant for a year. I am a mix of nervous and excited mostly because I have never been abroad (seriously, I've never left the country, sad I know lol) and will be in a foreign country for not just a few months or a summer, but a whole year! However, after meeting and reading up on some of the other Fulbrights, they all seem really cool (and way smarter than me lol) so now I'm just pretty excited to get this thing started. My flight is this Friday from Dulles Airport and I'll be flying to LAX and then to Incheon International.

There is a 6 week orientation at Jungwon University, in the middle of nowhere Korea, where we have "intensive" Korean language and culture learning, excursions scattered throughout Korea and lessons on how to teach English/wild animal management because Korean students are crazy hyper. From what I hear, Orientation is pretty brutal with 12+ hour days but everyone comes out of it ready for their teaching assignments. With only 4 days before my flight, I'm still getting stuff ready and will need to pack pretty soon. I'll try to update this blog semi-often even though no one will probably even read it lol. Seriously, even my mom said she probably won't read it (mostly because she's scared of the Internet)...sigh :(

No comments:

Post a Comment